The following are courses covering a full range of paddling skills, from sea to river to stand up paddleboarding. All of the following courses are scheduled by reservation, give us a call and we will go over all the details. Private lessons are $65 per hour for the first person and $20 per additional people. Groups of 3 or more, $77 for 2 hour courses, all equipment included.
Introduction to Kayaking
- Learn the basics and so much more. This course is designed to get you started in the sport of kayaking in an informed, enjoyable, and safe manner. You will learn how to get in and out of your kayak, how to launch and land, how to paddle and maneuver (paddle strokes), how to prevent capsizes and what to do in the event of a capsize. This clinic is highly encouraged for anyone that has interest in kayaking.
Paddle Strokes w/Bracing Techniques
- Become a more efficient paddler through fine tuning your edging and boat handling skills. This course covers 6 different types of paddle strokes and high/low braces.
Rescues and Towing
- This clinic will teach you how to deal with real kayaking situations such as incapacitated paddlers, seasickness, and towing situations. When do you tow someone? What type of tow system is best? Who should do the towing? All these questions and more will be demonstrated with plenty of time for practice. This course will make you a more competent and confident paddler.
Intro to Navigation
- In this intro course you will learn how to navigate your kayak and plan paddling trips utilizing NOAA charts, compass, and current charts. The use of GPS will be briefly discussed.
Paddling the Straits
- Learn how to analyze tide conditions, wind and current for optimal planning.
Gary Korb, pro paddler and kayak designer
Introductory White Water
- We offer a 2 day Introductory White Water kayaking Course. This will be taught on the Elwha River and at Crescent Beach. We are now registering for classes. Space is limited and this weekend course is $225. Rentals are available. Please call or
us to sign-up or for more information!
Intermediate White Water
Enjoy an introduction to a valuable kayaking skill - how to Eskimo Roll a kayak. These classes are held year round, so call for information or sign up anytime you're ready. When you 'get immersed', you'll be ahead of the game and your confidence will soar!
Stand Up Paddleboarding